- Varietal 100% Montepulciano d’Abruzzo
- Tech Info
- Alcohol 13.3 %
- Acidity 4.8 g/l
- Region Abruzzo
- Vineyards The verdant hills of Abruzzo. The soil is calcareous and well-drained.
- Winemaking Traditionally vinified with 10 days maceration. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel at controlled temperatures, followed by 4 months of aging in French oak before bottling.
- Tasting Notes Color: Deep ruby red.
Bouquet: Complex aromas with hints of cherry and spice.
Taste: Rich, medium bodied with hint of dried fruit, licorice, and coffee. Sweet tannins add a long finish.
- Food Pairing Placido Montepulciano d’Abruzzo is an ideal accompaniment to pasta, fried fish, meats, cheeses and spicier foods.